[ntp:questions] Re: notrust option in restrict

Ronan Flood ronan at noc.ulcc.ac.uk
Wed Jun 1 18:12:04 UTC 2005

On Tue, 31 May 2005 08:57:12 -0500,
Ganapathy Lavanya-C77892 <lavanyag at motorola.com> wrote:

> I am trying to use restrict option in ntp.conf file to allow NTP access
> to a subnet as below
> restrict xx.xx.xx.xx mask xx.xx.xx.xx notrsut nomodify notrap
>
> For some reason if I use a notrust option, the server ignores even
> time service requests from the subnet. All other options such as
> "noquery nopeer notrap and nomodify" are working. From the definition
> of notrust in the man pages, it is supposed to allow time service
> requests. I would like to know if anyone knows the reason and the soluton.

Sounds like your man pages are out-of-date with respect to the version
of ntpd you're running -- the HTML documentation that comes with the
ntpd distribution is definitive.  I guess you're running ntpd 4.2.

Concerning that and notrust, read

  http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Support/AccessRestrictions#Section_6.4.3.1.

--
                      Ronan Flood <R.Flood at noc.ulcc.ac.uk>