[ntp:questions] Re: Using a Radio for setting a PC clock.

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sat Jun 4 23:57:30 UTC 2005

Richard,

Not to speak to your other comments, but the WWV/H driver has been
carefully maintained by me and worked just fine the last time I looked.
In the northeast here, Canadian radio CHU is somewhat more reliable and
there is a driver for that, too. While I still have a WWVB receiver
working at home, I've given up on campus. Too much radio-frequency
interference from uninterruptable power systems in the near vicinity.
Apparently, at least some of them operate at 60 kHz and overwhelm the
WWVB signal.

Dave