[ntp:questions] Re: ntp sanity limit kills ntp daily

s. keeling keeling at spots.ab.ca
Tue Jun 14 15:21:27 UTC 2005

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.setup.]
Mark <none at nonenadaspam.com>:
>  Colliermeister wrote:
> > Ulrich Windl wrote:

> > http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/miscopt.html
>
>  Can someone explain why motherboard companies don't just
>  spend an extra $2 and install real quartz based clocks on
>  motherboards so all this nonsense about losing time would
>  be a non-issue?

... And real uarts in Winmodems, and real print machinery in printers?
That's six bucks right there.  With PCs now selling @ $300.00, six
bucks thrown away (in their eyes) per $300.00 sale is a significant
portion of their revenue.

Besides, no-one's forcing you to buy that @#$%.

(*)           http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling   Linux Counter #80292
- -           http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt