[ntp:questions] Re: ntpd not synchronizing

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Mon Jun 27 16:48:56 UTC 2005

>You can't use 'restrict default ignore' in conjunction with the NTP Pool
>servers (or any other time server which can resolve to a potentially
>unlimited number of IP addresses).

I was getting ready to ask about that...

Is anybody working on code to automatically add restrict rules
to let answers in from servers/peers?

Is there a trick for using restrict with the pool servers?

Seems like a script at startup time could do the DNS lookups
and substitute the answer into ntp.conf in two places - one
for the server line and another for the restrict line.