[ntp:questions] Re: Howto synchronize a ntp client (Linux) with a server running w32time (Win 2000)?

philippe.reis at tiscali.be philippe.reis at tiscali.be
Wed Mar 2 21:16:47 UTC 2005

Thanks for your reply.

As suggested by Jan, I have installed ntpd on Windows.
http://norloff.org/ntp/
ntpd is launched as a service of Windows.

My ntp.conf looks like:
server ntp1.belbone.be

Each time the service starts, I get the following error in the windows application log:
sendto(195.13.23.5): Une opération d'entrée/sortie avec chevauchement est en cours d'exécution.
In English the error should be: "sendto(195.13.23.5): An input/output operation with overlap is executing".

Someone has an idea for this error?

This error is not blocking because the clock is adjusted few minutes after, but I think error this could make the system unstable.

Regards