[ntp:questions] Installing reference clocks

Ramanathan Palaniappan ram at cs.wisc.edu
Fri Mar 4 05:29:05 UTC 2005

Hi.
    I am new to NTP..I would just like to know how to interface a GPS clock with
ntpd running on my linux. I also have a Truetime GPS card installed in my PC. I
downloaded the ntp source from ntp.org, compiled and installed it. Do the
drivers that come with the std ntp distribution be able to detect my Truetime
GPS card...
If not, what can I atleast do to make the ntpd daemon running ? Right now, the
ntpdate daemon exits saying "no servers can be used, exiting".

Thanks,
Ramanathan Palaniappan
Graduate Student
Computer Sciences Department