[ntp:questions] Re: Reference Clock

David Woolley david at djwhome.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 6 08:54:31 UTC 2005

In article <mailman.15.1110080446.588.questions at lists.ntp.isc.org>,
Ramanathan Palaniappan <ram at cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

[ Please do not start a new thread when you are continuing an old one.
  Preferably use the USENET interface to this forum, but if you can't do
  that, use the Reply features on your email program. ]

> I missing anything here ? I have also set up the necessary synbolic links.

The system log messages.  Also, could you be specific about the symbolic links
you have set up so that we can be sure that you understood that part of the
process.

You might also want to note that Red Hat runs ntpd in an unusual privileges
context which may mean that the serial port needs to be accessible to a
special ntp user.

Original thread root was <mailman.8.1109914153.588.questions at lists.ntp.isc.org>