[ntp:questions] forwarding

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk
Mon Mar 7 11:54:05 UTC 2005

Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with all thos ntp:questions being mirrored to this newsgroup, the once
> technical forum is just a public questions group now (which most
> people feeling too lazy to try to read the documentaion even).
> Wouldn't a new group be a better idea
> (comp.protocols.time.ntp.questions)?
>
> Ulrich

I, too, find it annoying to have multiple sources feeding this newsgroup.
I would prefer if eveyone simply used NNTP to talk directly to
comp.protocols.time.ntp.  Is there still a good reason for reflectors
etc.?

On the subject of splitting the newsgroup, I don't believe there is enough
traffic to justify this, although if someone could be bothered to go
through the process I certainly wouldn't oppose it.

Cheers,
David