[ntp:questions] Re: restrict lines (2nd try)

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.isc.org
Wed Mar 9 22:52:14 UTC 2005

On 2005-03-09, Charles <charles97 at dunjas.com> wrote:

> So it struck me that a restrict line for 0.pool.ntp.org would have
> a problem...
>
> restrict 195.71.86.233 mask 255.255.255.255 nomodify notrap noquery
>
> By the time you read this, that IP will not map to 0.pool.ntp.org.

If you wish to use ntpd restrictions with hostnames which resolve to
multiple IP addresses you must either use a default restriction which
applies to all of those addresses or, if you wish to use 'restrict
default ignore', include a restrict line for each possible address.

There is some information about setting up your ntpd restrictions at
http://ntp.isc.org/Support/ConfRestrict