[ntp:questions] Re: Good GPS for attic?

roy roy at suespammers.org
Thu Mar 10 02:26:28 UTC 2005

Brad Knowles wrote:
> 	The acknowledged master in this field is Poul-Henning Kamp, who
> has built various clocks using Soekris single-board computers and
> Motorola Oncore 12+ GPS receivers, and has probably achieved the
> best accuracy/cost ratio of anyone in the business.  Certainly better
> than almost all of the commercial GPS time server systems, at much
> less than the price they charge.

Isn't this a bit misrepresented?  The way I read his web page, he
replaced the standard, 39 cent crystal with a $1,500 rubidium frequency
standard.  No wonder it keeps time so well!

Enjoy,

roy
--
The suespammers.org mail server is located in California.  Please do
not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited commercial e-mail to