[ntp:questions] forwarding

Frederick Bruckman fredb at immanent.net
Sat Mar 12 15:32:10 UTC 2005

In article <slrnd2om5s.nhc.kostecke at stasis.kostecke.net>,
	Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.isc.org> writes:
> On 2005-03-07, David J Taylor
> <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk> wrote:
>
>> Ulrich Windl wrote:
>>
>>> with all thos ntp:questions being mirrored to this newsgroup, the
>>> once technical forum is just a public questions group now (which most
>>> people feeling too lazy to try to read the documentaion even).
>>
>> I, too, find it annoying to have multiple sources feeding this
>> newsgroup. I would prefer if eveyone simply used NNTP to talk
>> directly to comp.protocols.time.ntp. Is there still a good reason for
>> reflectors etc.?
>
> Some NTP users do not have access to Usenet. Some NTP users prefer
> mailing-lists to newsgroups.

I follow dozens of mailing lists by pointing my newsreader at
news.gmane.org.  They have an agreeable statement of philosophy at
http://gmane.org/.  "ntp.questions" doesn't seem to be represented,
but there's a link on that page to add a mailing list, and even to
import mailing list archives.  They even provide a logo for linking
to them (on say, the ntp questions page), although they say you
don't have to use it unless you want to.

For us newshounds, Gmane rules. Brad, I understand you've committed
quite a bit of effort to implement the present situation, but please
take a look at Gmane.

--
Frederick