[ntp:questions] forwarding

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at SystematicSW.Invalid
Sat Mar 12 17:14:29 UTC 2005

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 16:42:01 +0100 in comp.protocols.time.ntp, Brad
Knowles <brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:

>	Take a look at comp.protocols.time.ntp.  That is precisely the
>same content as you get on questions at ntp.isc.org, because there is a
>bi-directional gateway that we run between the two.

>	If pointing your newsreader at news.gmane.org doesn't work for
>you to get access to comp.protocols.time.ntp, then you need to talk
>to their Newsmaster about carrying this standard newsgroup.

ISTM that many ISPs do not honour any newsgroup control messages
nowadays; they only carry groups requested specifically by their
customers; I've had to ask a couple of times for standard groups to be
added; it normally takes about a week.

--
Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis 	Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Brian.Inglis at CSi.com 	(Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
    fake address		use address above to reply