[ntp:questions] forwarding

Frederick Bruckman fredb at immanent.net
Sat Mar 12 19:02:54 UTC 2005

In article <t98631hplv87pvjsiibuo8qlmapg9qtqnc at 4ax.com>,
	Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis at SystematicSW.Invalid> writes:
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 16:42:01 +0100 in comp.protocols.time.ntp, Brad
> Knowles <brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:
>
>>	Take a look at comp.protocols.time.ntp.  That is precisely the
>>same content as you get on questions at ntp.isc.org, because there is a
>>bi-directional gateway that we run between the two.
>
>>	If pointing your newsreader at news.gmane.org doesn't work for
>>you to get access to comp.protocols.time.ntp, then you need to talk
>>to their Newsmaster about carrying this standard newsgroup.
>
> ISTM that many ISPs do not honour any newsgroup control messages
> nowadays; they only carry groups requested specifically by their
> customers; I've had to ask a couple of times for standard groups to be
> added; it normally takes about a week.

I don't think you understand.  news.gmane.org isn't Usenet at all.
It's an off-usenet newsserver that carries any mailing list that
anyone requests.  They'll even pull in the mailing list archives.
Here's that link again:

   http://gmane.org/

There's no reason for a mailing list to run their own mail-to-news
gateway anymore.

--
Frederick