[ntp:questions] Re: Time changed in Paraguay, how do I fix my clock?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk
Mon Mar 14 15:30:02 UTC 2005

Victor Rafael Rivarola wrote:
[]
> I already knew about this for some time, but I wasn't even sure if the
> clock will switch automattically or not, it din't. How do I find this
> out and make the changes if necessary, so that next time I can send
> you a diff?

Victor,

Time changes do not affect UTC, which is what NTP works with.  You will
take no action to keep the internal time correct.  You may need to take
some action to alter what your operating system displays to the user as
the local "time of day".  Follow the instructions which come with your
computer operating system to find out what to do.

For example, on Windows you use the Control Panel, Date and Time, Time
Zone controls.  In Windows, you can alter which day of the month and when
the displayed time changes, and whether the computer should alter the
displayed time automatically.

Cheers,
David