[ntp:questions] forwarding

Maarten Wiltink maarten at kittensandcats.net
Mon Mar 14 15:24:19 UTC 2005

"Brad Knowles" <brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote in message
news:mailman.25.1110759060.576.questions at lists.ntp.isc.org...
[...]
> No, that's my MUA.  I reply to the mailing list, and my reply
> also sends a copy of the reply directly to the recipient.  If you
> want different behaviour, you can set a "Reply-To:" header on your
> postings and because the mailing list gateway does not strip those,
> my MUA should act appropriately.

I'm not sure I get that. I post to c.p.t.ntp with a Reply-To header
for people who want to reply personally over email, and no Followup-To
header so I expect news replies to go to the same newsgroup.

I accept that the newsgroup is gatewayed one-to-one with a mailing
list. But whether you reply to the newsgroup or to the mailing list,
I *don't* want a carbon copy mailed to me personally. What _should_ I
set my Reply-To header to, according to you, and what does it mean?

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink