[ntp:questions] Time changed in Paraguay, how do I fix my clock?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon Mar 14 15:40:46 UTC 2005

At 7:12 AM -0800 2005-03-14, Victor Rafael Rivarola wrote:

>  I already knew about this for some time, but I wasn't even sure if the
>  clock will switch automattically or not, it din't. How do I find this
>  out and make the changes if necessary, so that next time I can send
>  you a diff?

	NTP has nothing at all to do with time zones.  That is a local
operating-system specific representation issue.  NTP deals
exclusively with what is called "UTC" time.

	Setting your system time zone is something that is done a little
differently on most operating systems.  For this, you should see your
manuals, documentation, online references, etc... for your OS.

	If the timezone calculation performed by your OS is not correct
(or not correct anymore, as a result of this order), then you need to
feed that information back to your OS vendor so that they can make
the appropriate changes.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755