[ntp:questions] Threading test

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.isc.org
Wed Mar 16 14:26:10 UTC 2005

Per Hedeland said:

>Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.isc.org> writes:
>>
>>This is message two. It was posted via the gateway.
>>
>>I manually added the References: header in an attempt to prevent a
>>thread break.
>
>I'm not sure exactly what your testing is supposed to achieve (but I do
>think that we should try to avoid a flood of test posts to the group:-).

I wanted a controlled set of messages in which it would be easy to
observe the interaction of the gateway with the newsgroup.

I don't recall seeing any complaints about the previous lengthy
"discussion" of this subject.

> Obviously it isn't realistic to expect users to manually add References
> headers,

Obviously the gateway should be adding the References header.

Let's see if this message breaks the thread...

NTP Public Services Project http://ntp.isc.org/
Public Key at http://ntp.isc.org/Users/SteveKostecke