[ntp:questions] Re: ntp execution starts two processes?

Joshua Coombs jcoombs at gwi.net
Thu Mar 17 17:41:32 UTC 2005

> ntpd forks a child to do DNS resolution of the server names in ntp.conf,
> so that might explain why there could be two, at least temporarily.

Ok, that makes more sense.  More observation shows you are right, leaving
them alone the correction rate isn't wandering way off course, my clock was
way off when I started my testing.  Looking back, I forgot to ntpdate before
starting...

I'll go back to my hole now, sorry for raising a false alarm.

Joshua Coombs