[ntp:questions] Threading test

Per Hedeland per at hedeland.org
Thu Mar 17 23:16:41 UTC 2005

In article <nkc_d.5749$QN1.4333 at text.news.blueyonder.co.uk> "David J
Taylor" <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk>
writes:

>Folks, much as I appreciate your efforts on behalf of the mail-oriented
>users, all this off-topic discussion of forwarding, threading and gateways
>is currently doing nothing to improve the SNR on this newsgroup.

The efforts are not on behalf of the mail-oriented users, quite the
contrary - I'm not aware of any problems on the mailing list side beyond
what is normal for mailing lists - the problem that needs fixing is the
bad effect the gateway is having on the *newsgroup*. And I already
explained why I think this discussion is relevent for the group, and
should be carried in the group, even though it's not formally "on topic"
(if it had concerned the mailing list side, there would of course not be
any justification for it).

>Would it be possible for you to take the tests to a more appropriate test
>newsgroup and mailing list?

If you can find another group with such a broken gateway setup, I guess
that could be considered an option - I've never come across one in 20+
years of using Usenet and running news servers, but admittely I frequent
a rather limited set of groups.

--Per Hedeland
per at hedeland.org