[ntp:questions] forwarding

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Mar 18 20:26:56 UTC 2005

At 7:57 PM +0000 2005-03-18, Per Hedeland wrote:

>  So, if you could ask them whether they would be at all interested in a
>  patch that implemented a configuration option to simply turn off the
>  Message-ID rewriting, it would really help.

	If that's all you would do, then I can assure you that they would
be unlikely to accept such a patch.  Anyone who wants to take that
kind of risk with their mail-to-news gateway can just go into the
source code and comment out the lines in question.

	If you were to provide a real patch that would actually solve the
same issues as are addressed by the way Mailman works today, plus
solving the other issues that you've identified, I think they would
be likely to accept that.

	In the meanwhile, I will continue my research into how other
mail-to-news gateway software works, and I will bring this back to
the table with Tokio and Barry.  But unless someone can provide a
patch that actually incorporates all the additional desired features,
I think it's highly unlikely that this issue will be addressed any
time soon.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755