[ntp:questions] Re: clockvar on Palisade

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sat Mar 19 18:27:11 UTC 2005

Rodolfo,

In the absolutely prototupical way, maybe ten years ago somebody built
in the system variables function. It was off the plate of the
developers, then and now, so nobody has cared for or maintained the
function in the face of continuous development in the more important
areas. I have strongly argued in the past not to put features like this
in the public distribution, but to include them in the standard control
and monitoring (mode 6) protocol. The system variables function was a
shortcut around that effort and will not be maintained further.
Meanwhile, consider reporting health data to the clockstats file
utility, which is what the other drivers do and which is supported.

Dav