[ntp:questions] Unable to get time from NTP server

Daniel Rudy nospam at nospam.net
Thu Mar 31 14:05:43 UTC 2005

Hello,

    I have a machine that is dedicated to providing NTP service.  When I
upgrade the operating system on that machine from FreeBSD 4.10 to FreeBSD
5.3, it seems that the machine is no longer responding to time requests.  I
have used ntpdc to check the status of the server and I have tried to
restart the server to no avail.  There just is not any response from the
server at all.  I'm running the server with the following information below.
There are no errors in the log, and the server is running.  Any ideas?

/usr/sbin/ntpd -c /etc/ntp.conf -p /var/run/ntpd.pid

/etc/ntp.conf
server time.windows.com
server clepsydra.dec.com
server bitsy.mit.edu
server otc1.psu.edu
server time.xmission.com
server clock.via.net
server clock.isc.org
server ntp2.sth.netnod.se
server ntp2.sp.se
server nist1.aol-ca.truetime.com minpoll 8
server usno.pa-x.dec.com

restrict 192.168.0.0 mask 255.255.255.0 notrust nomodify notrap kod
restrict 127.0.0.1 mask 255.0.0.0

--
Daniel Rudy