[ntp:questions] w32time configuration

dhilip dhilipkumarg at gmail.com
Mon May 2 06:33:31 UTC 2005

Hi Everybody,
I am trying to time sync two windows 2003 server machines using w32time
service by configuring one machine as time server and the other as time
client. But the machines are not time synchronised even after
restarting the services in both the machines. (I set the type flag in
the server and the client respectively as Nt5Ds and NTP)
The commands 'net time /querysntp' and 'net time /setsntp:<IPaddof
serv>' runs successfully in the client. But the command 'net time
\\<IPaddofserv> /setsntp' returns the error access is denied and the
command 'w32tm /resync' returns the error no time data is available.
Please help me in resolving this issue. Thank you in advance for your
kind help.

Thanks,
Dhilip.