[ntp:questions] ntp client: keep all servers at startup

mike michael.no.spam.cook at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 4 11:21:58 UTC 2005

You might consider configuring the server as a broadcast server, and
the client as a broadcast client. That way the client will be listening
for incoming packets at startup. If none arrive, or the server does not
respond, it should just stay in the listening mode. So if the server
isn't up/responding it should not affect the capability of the client to
aquire good time once the server is back online.