[ntp:questions] Re: NTPD for Windows 2000

Joe Matuscak matuscak at rohrer.com
Thu May 5 15:50:17 UTC 2005

In article <N42dnTNw7MfWi-TfRVn-rQ at giganews.com>,
DELETE_westes at earthbroadcast.com says...
> Does anyone sell a Linux or FreeBSD box that is already preset to
> work as a time server?

There are a number of packaged NTP appliances. I recently bought a
EndRun Technologies Unison GPS and its been dandy.
<http://www.endruntechnologies.com/gps-time-server.htm>

It really is a packaged flash based Linux system with one of their time
sources in it.  I probably would have preferred to roll my own but due
to our schedule I wanted something quick and easy. The Unison was a
piece of cake to get running. Getting our maintenance guys to run the
cable for the antenna was the most time consuming part :-)

--
Joe Matuscak
Rohrer Corporation