[ntp:questions] How does synchronization happens?

Newbie 2000 newbie_ntp at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 05:16:55 UTC 2005

Hi ,

I am having a Server running at GMT time and Client is running at Local time. If I run the NTP software in my client, how does time synchronization happens?

QUERY1: The Server time of GMP will be pulled down for Syncronization OR client time time will changed to GMT time for synchronization?

QUERY2: What time will be displyed in Server (5:30 am) and client (11:30am). What time will be set after NTP time synchronization?

Please throw soem light on the above items.

- Johny