[ntp:questions] Re: How does synchronization happens?

Paul.Croome at softwareag.com Paul.Croome at softwareag.com
Fri May 6 07:00:49 UTC 2005

Johny,

NTP only knows UTC. Servers and clients apply their own local timezone
offsets
to display local time.

ANSWER 1: All NTP packets transmitted between servers and clients are
UTC.

ANSWER 2: If the client is configured correctly (timezone), and
assuming it's
in timezone +6, and assuming UTC = 05:30, the client will display 11:30
after synchronization.

Paul

Newbie 2000 schrieb:
> Hi ,
>
> I am having a Server running at GMT time and Client is running at
Local time. If I run the NTP software in my client, how does time
synchronization happens?

> QUERY1: The Server time of GMP will be pulled down for Syncronization
OR client time time will changed to GMT time for synchronization?

> QUERY2: What time will be displyed in Server (5:30 am) and client
(11:30am). What time will be set after NTP time synchronization?