[ntp:questions] Re: Configuration the interval time for clock synchronization

David Schwartz davids at webmaster.com
Fri May 6 20:46:48 UTC 2005

"Egon Schmid" <fuchs at phpfuchs.de> wrote in message
news:d5g2a9$fvt$00$1 at news.t-online.com...

>> What problem are you trying to solve?

> I have a linux system running under virtual pc, and when I end it with
> 'safe state', the system time stands of it still. When I
>
> So the best solution would be a script or a service the synchronizes the
> time every mine.

    No, the best solution would be to set the time once during the boot up
process. If you set the time every minute, and your clocking is running
fast, you'll have a backwards jump in time every single minute -- that's not
good karma.

    Are you sure it causes the time to stand still? I was under the
impression that most sane virtual PC programs read the host system's
hardware clock any time the virtual hardware clock is read, unless the host
hardware clock has been deliberately changed (and then they store an
offset).

    DS