[ntp:questions] Re: Refclocks for the Ultra-Cheap

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at uk.me.buzzard
Sat May 7 09:51:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, 06 May 2005 15:36:46 -0700, Will wrote:

> I'd certainly give that approach a try, but what kind of antenna is going to
> be required to pickup a Colorado radio signal from California?

A 100mm ferrite rod should do the trick.

> I would also prefer to buy such a radio from a vendor as a finished product,
> ideally with device driver support for both Linux and Windows.

Well windows driver support could be arranged for a fee :-) However I am
personally never going to do a finished product as it is to much hassle to
comply with all the regulatory requirements. It would cost the equivalent
of about 2000USD to get an EMC testing done for starters.

JAB.

Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44 1661-832195