[ntp:questions] ntpd 4.2.0, polling interval, and loopstats

Mon May 9 13:10:11 UTC 2005

Hi,

for a long time I did not try newer versions of ntpd. However recently I tried
the version from SuSE Linux 9.2 with autokey (requires update from SuSE) from
a startum-1 GPS source. I notices that even when the "peer poll" was 64s, the
loopstats file wasn't updated in that period. Furthermose the update interval
for loopstats is more around 640 seconds rather than 64 seconds.

Can someone explain?

Also syncing with autokey seems to take much longer than without. I have no
understanding of autokey yet, but this seems a bit odd to me.

Regards,
Ulrich