[ntp:questions] Re: NTPD 4 hours off date problem

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at SystematicSW.Invalid
Mon May 9 17:36:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, 09 May 2005 15:45:47 +0200 in comp.protocols.time.ntp, "X.B."
<xbntp at mailinator.com> wrote:

>The computer i'm using has no cmos battery, so each time it is cold
>rebooted, the internal clock is set to something around 01-01-2000.

>I couldn't find any reasonable solution to overcome this problem.

>I've surely missed something, as i cannot be the only guy on earth using
>   NTP and a GPS antenna to set the time/date of a computer without CMOS
>clock ...

Common workaround is use the modified date of some file, either
frequently updated by the system, or created explicitly at shutdown,
to approximate the current time, and set the system time in a startup
script.

--
Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis 	Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Brian.Inglis at CSi.com 	(Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
    fake address		use address above to reply