[ntp:questions] Re: Linux NTP Polling

Geoff g_wynn at ozemail.com.au
Wed May 11 09:55:05 UTC 2005

Darren, many thanks.

Actually the change in time is significant, by years, not seconds.  How can
I test it is actually re-syncing if the max timeout is 1000 seconds (ok,
1000 secs is ok but is it Secs or Msecs?)  I can change the time by a few
mins to check if you think that is the better option, all I want to know is
if it is re-syncing.  I waited 1/2 hour to an hour.

No, haven't checked the system log.  In fact to sound dumb, how do I do
that?  This version of Linux is very watered down as it is on a switch.

again, thanks,

Geoff

"Darren Dunham" <ddunham at redwood.taos.com> wrote in message
news:104ge.887$Y81.831 at newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
> Geoff <g_wynn at ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > I have a Linux based switch that I need to have syncronise with an NTP
> > server.  It WILL sync on startup and the time/date is correct but if the
NTP