[ntp:questions] can't bind socket 10048

David Woolley david at djwhome.demon.co.uk
Fri May 13 06:36:04 UTC 2005

In article <mailman.6.1115903630.91305.questions at lists.ntp.isc.org>,
mayer at gis.net wrote:

[ BROKEN NEWS POSTING - no References - attempting to reconstruct ]

> This is not part of our NTP suite of apps. You need to get instructions

It is, however, very much on topic for the newsgroup.  This newsgroup
is an NTP protocol (including SNTP) newsgroup, not a UDEL ntpd newsgroup.
(The mailing list is an adjunct to the newsgroup and doesn't have a
distinct charter.  In any case, the thread seems to have originated
on the USENET side.)

I agree that it is unlikely that there is any expertise here, although
if the author were really committed to the program (businesses rarely are)
they would be monitoring this group anyway.  (There could be valid
commercial reasons for not responding to anything except direct
correspondence from a fully paid up user.)

> from the author of WINSNTP on what to do. You are probably running

As I already wrote, if this is the product I think it is, the only
reason for purchasing it and using it rather than the free or bundled
software is for the personal support the company provides.

> W32time as a service and you should NEVER run two separate time

A W32time clash is my best guess.