[ntp:questions] Re: XNTP for SGI IRIX 6.2

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Fri May 13 12:08:08 UTC 2005

Walter Schrabmair wrote:

> I have downloaded the Xntp Tardist from your site.
> http://reality.exsgi.org/scotth/info/xntp.html
>
> But myn man pages are not found. When I make man xntp nothing is found.
> But I installed teh man subsystem.
> Where do I have to enter the timeserveraddress? (e.g. clock.fmt.he.net )
>
> How can I see that my time is adjusted with that server?
>
> Thanks for helping

The documentation is in the .html subdirectory.  You can read it with a
web browser.   If you don't have a browser, it is formatted so as to be
readable as text also.  If the distribution you downloaded does not
include the .html directory, the documentation is also available online at
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/index.html

In answer to your specific question, you need to to create /etc/ntp.conf
with, at least, the statement:
server clock.fmt.he.net

A minimum of four servers is strongly recommended!