[ntp:questions] problem with synchronizing two comps to each other

Mike miodek.STOP.SPAM at thebestnudes.com
Thu May 19 14:25:19 UTC 2005

so you're telling, that it will be easier to update time from external
server? beacause I thought, that if 1 comp (master) keeps the time, the
other one (client) will adjust to it over LAN network. That it will give
beter results in setting the same time on both comps.

I want to do that, because I want to measure the delay (latency) of
packet (the time between send and recieved). It's done by a software,
calleg mgen, which sends packets with timestamps, and then reciever
reads this timestamp, reads his own time, and puts them both into the
text file. The test should probably take about 24h max, so thats the
time i need these both computers to be synchronized with accurancy of 1
ms, or maybe more, if there is no way in keeping 1ms accurancy.

Or maybe you have other hint's how to measure the delay?

Mike