[ntp:questions] Re: ntp sanity limit kills ntp daily

Michael Heiming michael+USENET at www.heiming.de
Sat May 21 07:44:10 UTC 2005

In comp.os.linux.setup Richard B. Gilbert <rgilbert88 at comcast.net>:
> Michael Ward wrote:

>> Hello All,
>>
>> I've configured my FC3 system to run ntp successfully at boot time and
>> ntp seems to run successfully for about a day.  However, every night
>> the clock looses some 1200 seconds while the system is busy making
>> backups.  When ntp figures this out, it refuses to update the clock
>> because this is classified as insane, and terminates.
[..]

> Use a different O/S?  Preferably one that does not lose interrupts!

Rubbish, have been using Linux as ntp servers on a larger network
for ages, not a single problem. The problem might be related to
hdparm settings as other already pointed out.

mail: echo zvpunry at urvzvat.qr | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 349: Stray Alpha Particles from memory packaging
caused Hard Memory Error on Server.