[ntp:questions] Re: Linux NTP Polling

Geoff g_wynn at ozemail.com.au
Sun May 22 11:51:25 UTC 2005

I am not trying to propogate large time changes really.  Although it appears
this way.  I am trying to test if NTPD is working as it should.  I also have
Cisco Devices and they accept the change of several years etc but not the
Linux Switch.  I was just typing in years as I did not realise NTPD would
drop out etc if the difference in time was more than 1000 Seconds.

On that note, it appears that the NTPD Daemon syncronises on startup to the
NTP server but does not maintain correct time.  It displays the difference
in time, when the NTP server is omved forwards or backwards as in the Daemon
displays 76s or -45s etc but it does not change the actuall time to reflect.

I am still looking into this problem,

Many thanks,

Geoff

news:acpge.1401$Y81.215 at newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...