[ntp:questions] Re: "Proper" way to test simple, new NTP configuration?

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Sun May 22 20:06:39 UTC 2005

Jim,

ohaya wrote:
> Martin,
>
> Thanks for the explanation, especially about ntpq.  I've now created a
> small script that we can run which does an ntpq to all the servers, so
> we can quickly check that all of them are synching to solaris1 (in my
> case).

please note that you can set up a single machine and enter a bunch of
"server" lines with different IP addresses of other machines in the config
file. So this machine polls all other machines and they are all listed in a
single billboard output by the "ntpq -p" command. So your script can
eventually just evaluate the output of a single "ntpq -p" command.

Best regards,

Martin
--
Meinberg Funkuhren