[ntp:questions] Re: [X-post] VPN and NTP on Cisco routers.

AM am at am.am
Thu May 26 17:14:05 UTC 2005

Heiko Gerstung wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> 1. Can you ping your NTP server from the Cisco?
Yes,

> 2. Are there any restrictions configured on the NTP server? (show us

I've enabled only udp 123 port on a firewall put in the middle between 837 and the server as for other 837 deployed.

> your config file)

ntp clock-period 17179628
ntp server 130.149.17.21
ntp server 212.82.32.15
ntp server 150.145.55.6

I can add that

1) setting a public ntp server on the client worked fine: it means the client was synchronized;
2) other 837 connected to the ntp server via VPN have been working fine with the same firewall settings;

Thanks,
  Alex.