[ntp:questions] Need ntpdate *tool* not *counselor*

Brian T. Brunner brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
Fri May 27 19:26:46 UTC 2005

I don't own my time master and have no capacity to 'go over the head' of the master.  I just have to accept whatever time it decides to give me regardless of whatever.

So I command
ntpdate -d -s -b master
and I get back
Server dropped, strata too high

I didn't ask for ntpdate's opinion (counsel) of what height stratum I should be advised to consider acceptable, I wanted ntpdate to go (tool) get the time and use it.

Man pages for ntpdate give me no clues what to do, so I'm asking here.

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
(610)796-5838

the system manager.