[ntp:questions] notrust option in restrict

Ganapathy Lavanya-C77892 lavanyag at motorola.com
Tue May 31 13:57:12 UTC 2005

I am trying to use restrict option in ntp.conf file to allow NTP access to a subnet as below
restrict xx.xx.xx.xx mask xx.xx.xx.xx notrsut nomodify notrap

For some reason if I use a notrust option, the server ignores even time service requests from the subnet. All other options such as "noquery nopeer notrap and nomodify" are working. From the definition of notrust in the man pages, it is supposed to allow time service requests. I would like to know if anyone knows the reason and the soluton.

Thanks,
Lavanya