[ntp:questions] Re: time reset, syncronisation lost and Large PPM values

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Thu Nov 3 10:08:51 UTC 2005

Danny,

Danny Mayer wrote:
> Is this with using the MM timers?

No. If the MM timers are initially modified by another MM app this
introduces a fixed bias to the normal system time which disappears after
all MM apps have exited and reset the MM timer to the defaullt value.

I'm assuming that this was due to lost timer ticks interrupts. The host
system was using IDE hard drives. IDE disk drivers have often been the
reason for lost interrupts. I know this issue also from older versions from
Novell NetWare, and OS/2.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki