[ntp:questions] Re: ntpd crash under load, out of memory error

Tony.Cetera at thomson.com Tony.Cetera at thomson.com
Mon Nov 7 16:26:51 UTC 2005

Thank you very much for the response.

Actually, it appears I just didn't raise the lockable memory limit
enough.  I started with 8MB.  I made a second attempt with 32MB and ntpd
stayed up all weekend in the pool.

I made the change in 2 places, so right now I just don't know which
fixed it.  I added 32MB min and 64 MB max to /etc/security/limits.conf
and I added ulimit -l 32768 to the startup script.

Again, Thank you.

Tony