[ntp:questions] SNTPv4 Client Vs NTPv4 Server

Arul Kumar C arulkumar.c at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 12:10:08 UTC 2005

Hi All,

It is known that, SNTPv4 can act as a client (and sync) to a NTPv3
server.  Can we expect the same while we move to NTPv4. I.e. can the
same SNTPv4 client sync to a server that gets upgraded to NTPv4.

I am having  ntp-4.2.0, but I could not find any sntp related files in
it.  Or not even able to find an sntp package.  I am bit new to this
time protocols.  Could you please help me by pointing to sntp code.  As
per
<http://lists.ntp.isc.org/pipermail/hackers/2005-September/001703.html>
discussion, it seems it is maintained in ntp group.

Thanks in Advance.

-~-
Regards,
Arul Kumar C