[ntp:questions] Re: Windows NTP Internet & fault-tolerance (multiple NTP servers)

michaelw michael.wardlaw at datacom.com.au
Fri Nov 18 05:54:30 UTC 2005

Microsoft does state it supports NTP, but only with Windows 2003.
Having said that I wouldn't have a clue as to how fully NTP has been
ported to the MS code.

Has anyone heard of NTP servers being spoofed to try and bring a
network down?  Is it possible, if so how easy is it to spoof a time
server?  Wouldn't you need to have the same IP address, or I'm probably
showing my ignorance of hacking techniques..

> Meinberg has created an excellent installer for this implementation of
> NTP and helps you set up your configuration file. If you don't want to
> go through the pain of doing this by hand it's an excellent choice.

I'd do it but I doubt it would co-exist with the MS services that
depend on Windows Time, unless you could get Windows Time to somehow
rely on it...

Thanks

Michael