[ntp:questions] Re: NEMA driver on Fedora Core 3 or 4

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sat Nov 19 15:05:45 UTC 2005

Hal,

I have been a very shrill advocate to have the drivers cease using
per-driver code in favor of the PPSAPI interface and refclock_atom.c
driver, but with limited success. Be adivised the PPSAPI interface, with
or without the atom driver, does not have to use kernel modifications
and can survive nicely with whatever interface is available for the
pariticular machine. That's the intended functionality of the PPSAPI
interface. However, some drivers continue using platform-specific
interfaces which have long since been deprecated. These drivers are not
supported and will not work on machines without the supported interface.

Dave