[ntp:questions] Re: server's address in ntp payload?

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sat Nov 19 15:12:17 UTC 2005

David,

The server private value need not and is not divulged. It is hidden by
the hash operation, just as in very many other protocols. I don't know
why we are having this discussion, as the issues at hand are common with
other secret schemes. See the Autokey briefings on protocols and
identity schemes at www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp.html.

Dave