[ntp:questions] Re: Garmin GPS 18 firmware update -> 200ms offset

Ulisses ulisses.alonso at unavarra.es
Fri Nov 25 15:53:50 UTC 2005

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 03:58:54PM +0100, Roman Mäder wrote:
> thanks to all who responded. It wasn't the pps signal that had the 200ms
> offset, but the NMEA-derived time itself. It looks like some hiccup,
> because after another hard reset (pulling the plug) the unit is back to
> normal operation.

ummm... this makes me remember what happens with Garmin HVS-35:

NMEA messages had an offset of [400, 700] ms with respect to the pps pulse!

I tested this in different units with an osciloscope.

I asked Garmin and they told me that it was spected ¿?

regards

	Ulisses

                Debian GNU/Linux: a dream come true
"Computers are useless. They can only give answers."            Pablo Picasso