[ntp:questions] Re: Unix Command

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.isc.org
Tue Nov 29 14:00:54 UTC 2005

On 2005-11-29, Martin Burnicki <martin.burnicki at meinberg.de> wrote:

> Sahay wrote:
>
>> please tell me command in Unix for synchronising time .
>
> Most Unix systems are shipped with NTP, that's what this newsgroup is
> about.

NTP is a protocol designed to synchronize the clocks of computers over
a network. NTP provides nominal accuracies of low tens of milliseconds
on WANs, submilliseconds on LANs, and submicroseconds using a precision
time source such as a cesium oscillator or GPS receiver.

The Reference Implementaion of NTP is produced by the NTP Project at
http://www.ntp.org/

Support for the NTP Project is provided by the NTP Public Services
Project at http://ntp.isc.org/

These support resources include:

	- Community Supported Documentation
	- Issue / Bug Reporting
	- Mailing Lists
	- Public Time Server Lists
	- Reference Implementation Downloads

The NTP Project only produces source code releases of NTP which are
available at http://ntp.isc.org/download

Precompiled binary releases are available through links at
http://ntp.isc.org/links and from various operating system vendors /
aggregators.

Documentation for NTP is available at http://ntp.isc.org/support and
through links at http://ntp.isc.org/documentation