[ntp:questions] Re: NTP for dummies

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sat Oct 1 20:43:04 UTC 2005

Richard,

I didn't write the documentation or rfc1305 or NTP project page or the
book (in press) for dummies and dummies shouldn't read them. I wrote
those documents to reveal how and why the contraption works and how to
manipulate every little thing in excruciating detail. Folks who do read
them are certainly not dummies.

Your tone suggests I offended you and likely other dummies with dreary
boring prose. Guilty as charged. Please, please, don't read those
documents. Read the really fine user-friendly documents at www.ntp.org
written for real people, including the faq, twitchy and related helpful
tips. Better not peek at the NTP project page either; that infruriates
dummies even more. Above all, dummies should not read the book. Read the
following instead:

Rybaczyk, J. Expert Network Time Protocol: an experience in time.
Springer-Verlag, New York, 2005, 153 pp.

Dave